Surface Development Digital Modeler
LF Studios specializes in the design and fabrication of animatronic figures, sculpted elements, exhibits, and interactive experiences. Our work can be found in leading theme parks, museums, science centers, and entertainment spaces all over the world. We are seeking a Designer or skillful 3D modeler to help bring our figures and characters to life in Cincinnati, Ohio.
As a member of our digital team, your primary roles would be:
- To efficiently translate client requests into digital assets in a manner appropriate for physical production.
- To prepare models informed by real-world mechanical designs.
Daily responsibilities will include sculpting, posing, shelling, articulating, and surface development utilizing both 3D and 2D programs. You will provide our production team with 3D assets ready for Additive or Subtractive processes. You will maintain constant communication with our mechanical and production teams.
- Applicants must have experience with product development and design, 3D modeling, and design thinking.
- Experience in Zbrush, Rhino, and Photoshop or equivalent is a must.
- Iterative and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Proactive, willing to work on multiple projects at any given time within a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Ability to make necessary adjustments quickly while complying with art direction from their supervisor and clients.
- Knowledge of mesh modeling vs solid modeling.
- Understanding molding and casting is a plus.
- Mechanical inclination a plus.
- Willingness to follow design all the way through production and problem-solve with team members when obstacles arise.
- Ability to be hands-on with designed parts and troubleshoot any design flaws.
Job Type: Full-time
Show us what you’ve got
With new projects on the horizon, we’re constantly evolving and expanding our team to meet the demands of our clients. We are now accepting resumes and portfolio links to grow our team with new talent.